Friends Forever

Friends Forever

Sometimes I felt very lonely;
Wanted to cry aloud,
Let go all those hurt feelings;
But there was no one near me
For opening my heart to share,
Halfen the sorrow or double
If it’s something happy.
End of the empty bench
I sat down with tears;
Not knowing what to do
Until you came lighting
All the darkness in the shade
And in the depths of my heart.
A new sun-rise in my life;
Dear friend I owe it all to you;
The stranger at the first sight
Became a friend till the last;
That too a true one.

We all make friends by scores; but have we ever thought why people find themselves lonely? The wail, “ I have no friends, I just can’t seem to find any friends”, but unfortunately don’t realize that friends are made, not found: made by our constant little efforts on behalf of others by the respect, loyalty, affection and understanding that we are willing to give one another. Only a friend can feed the better need, the hunger of the heart.

Friendship is a universal necessity. Along this adventure called life, w make more and more friends. A small acquaintance starting with a simple “Hello or Hi, your good name? I’m so and so”, may last a life time. Any way a real friendship is above all these.
Hi and Byes and smiles painfully produced from polished lips and faces.
It is really a matter of choice; the friends you make. And life is made of such choices; like you are reading this instead of something else cause you choose to read this article. So we should choose friends with care, but we may repent later.

Friends are a powerful influence in our lives. As they say those who keep company with wolves will learn to how! Hence, we must be careful who we hand around with? Do they encourage us, build us up, make us feel wanted and loved, share our dreams and have a positive influence us in a negative way.

There are a lot of good people still left in this world. Infact, I’m writing this ‘cause of such people’.
Gladys H. Cooper tells it all in these lines;
“It has been my joy to find,
At every turning of the road
The loving arms of friends so kind
To help onward with my load,
And since I have no gold to give,
T is love’s coin alone I spend
Be this my prayer while yet I live-
God, make me worthy of my friend.”

And a true friend is not just the friend in need. He is the one who even after knowing our failures, weaknesses, imperfections, limitations and lapses; who knows the dark sides of our life, but still loves us. Friends there will be many; but true friends are few. Everyone would like to have a true friend, but they should remember these lines,

I went out to find a friend
I couldn’t find one there
I went out to be friend
And friends were everywhere.

“Greater love has no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends”. Truly he is a happy man who finds such friends.

Friendship should be a give and take affairs, we should do to others what we would like to have from them. This anonymous quote a little more:-
If you have a friend worth loving
Love him, yes, and let him know
That you love him, ere life’s evening
Tinge his brow with sunset glow;
Why should words ne’er be said
Of a friend till he is dead?

Bitter things in your friendship should be used to strengthen more; because life Is a mixture all. It isn’t very easy to learn to forgive and forgot, but that’s what it takes to keep the friends you have met. But we shouldn’t carry a friendship knowing its lead us on to disastrous consequences.

There is friend who’s a friend of all friends. When friends fade away, this one friend remains firm with us. He is called “God”. What a privilege to have a friend for 24 hours of the day. We can share the innermost secrets of our heart with Him& He need to be carried where ever we go. Of all gifts that God gives to sustain and nourish our lives, none can equal the prescence of a faithful friend. No sacrifice is too great…….. no personal discipline is too exacting….. no struggle too painful to offer in exchange for the ability to give and receive friendship.
Some people in their attempt to be more social pretend to be something else from their true self. There is no point in this cause, if one day the cap is lifted and the gen!! comes out revealing your real self, it will create unnecessary problems. So to be more social, the way you are. The negative way in which friendship between opposite sexes is looked upon is really bad. A more constructive and creative approach should be taken regarding this.

This article is tribute to all those real friendships which stood the test of time. The river of troubles and emerged successful. Today, humanity is in a crises; the murders, suicides and everything that’s happening in this overcrowded, over populated world of ours tell the same story. The need of the hour is to be friend each other. We have to let go those stupid egos, open our hearts and share our inner selves, for we have no other choice. The breaking the self imposed prison walls, we have to go out making friends everyday of our life. Friendship is really a fragile and precious thing and it should be handled with care. The one who can win new friends has mastered the art of living and when we look back, we’ll find that we’ve come a long way from the first day we’ve met and every moment of it worth treasuring when the day’s work is done.Let us sing along with Ruth cravens:-

“Golden threads of golden deeds
Rosy tints for dreams come true
For friendships earned and friendships held,
Are the tints of heavenly blue.”

Let us hope, pray and do whatever we can so that our friendship will last forever and ever………

I write this as a tribute,
To those friends who made me
And married me as well
From my very own to the distant ones
Every now and then;
When in those golden oasis
I quenched my thirst of love and companionship,
Till I reached another one.
Closer I got more and more;
And when there was satisfaction at last,
Parting time over to me.
Again the same old story
New and more friends in the gaiety
That fill the heart and air
Well, it seems heart never
Seems to get it’s full…..
And the search goes on…….
Till there is no more paper left for me
To write any more tribute to……..

By:Tony Noble

0 comments:

Post a Comment