A 'Beautiful' Experience...

A 'Beautiful' Experience...

"Make it to Le Meridian at 11 am sharp," is all that I remember after I got a call for Vivel Miss Kerala 2008. To my surprise, Natasha from B.A Communicative English also made it through.

We reached the venue and came to know that like every other Impressario function, this too was starting late. It finally began at around 12, when we all received our numbers and were asked to introduce ourselves and then take the ramp. this was followed by a questionnaire session, where around 5 girls were 'size zero'. Since my answer was good, the fact that I cat walked terribly some how went unnoticed and i got chosen for the final 22 contestants.

The training started on 5th July. A mixture of emotions is the best way to explain what we were feeling then. We made our way to River Dale Resort, where we were allotted our rooms. We then met our trainer Mrs. Ritika and our choreographer Mr. Dalu. Our training started off with a game, in which you had to sell your self with your special qualities. that helped in breaking the ice amongst us. Then we visited radio Mango, and there were visits by the media, Ex Miss Kerala (Ranjini, Roshni) ... All this made our experience all the more to be cherished.

Parties, late night ramp walks, craving for food, no mobile range (I wonder how they found that place ) , visits by different people, photo shoots... So many things happened in just 10 days. I was reminded of I.T professionals who like us, have it all - computers, T.V, internet, save the time to use it. Have breakfast, run for training, have lunch, run for ramp walk. The cookies we got in between where our only energy boosters.

And the final day approached, we realized that we had come a long way and every one present there really deserved the crown. the fight for the crown only started when it was time to set our feet into the spot light. Some say I was lucky, some say it was my confidence, but I look back on these 10 days, and see that I did things that I never dreamt I ever would. And I did it with grace. That is all that matters to me.

By: Pooja Mammen

0 comments:

Post a Comment