Everything Has Its Share of Goodness

Everything Has Its Share of Goodness


NOBODY CAN STOP complaining when it comes to Kerala Road Transportation. Pot holes, overly crammed buses, broken bridges… The list is apparently as long as our roads.But the sad part is that not even we college students acknowledge the amount of fun and excuses we gain out of it.

Once when the Venduruthy Bridge had problems, the busses from Fort Cochin side had to go through the Mattammal Junction, via Thevara to reach Menaka. I got into one such bus which was packed to the steps. Somehow I managed to pull myself in, but didn’t have to bother about holding on to the bar. Over crowded buses are such a blessings, especially when your hands are full of files. And let me not forget to mention the benefit utilized by guys who always want to be a step closer to the girls, lest they fall you know!

Anyway, the bus came to a halt abruptly and I remember all of us standing at an angle of 60 degrees. Apparently a few people in the front had lost their hold. Now this provides plenty of body flexing exercises that even yoga can’t provide.

In the next few minutes I found myself standing at the Thevara- junction with a sea of static vehicles all around. I was wondering of the possibilities of getting out of that place and finding an auto, when I saw this familiar face in an auto. I asked her whether she was from STC and luckily for me she was a senior sociology student! She offered me a ride and well, we sat there in the auto for a long long time…

And we talked…. And sat…

Finally after two hours we reached college. The advantage that we gained is that we both spared the tests we were to have during the 1st hour. Moreover, I made a new acquaintance.

They say good things come in small measures. After all it’s not every day that we have a broken bridge or such a heavy traffic block.

So let’s stop complaining folks and acknowledge the small favors that our not so systematic and faithful Government is bestowing on us. Happy Travelling!!

Article By: Nasiya.F
Photo By: Ashish P.H


0 comments:

Post a Comment